This international act is a guide for creating, introducing, supporting, analyzing and improving an anti-corruption controlling system. DIN ISO 37001 clearly describes the measures and checks that should be used to avoid or detect corruption.
Any company can apply the standard in all countries. ISO 37001 is an autonomous management system; however, measures available in the standard are designed to be able to be integrated into existing management systems and control mechanisms defined by them.
Main requirements of the standard
The most important feature of this normative act is ability to ensure rule violations can be controlled and prevented. ISO 37001 has seven basic steps and sets out clear measures for each of them.
- Introducing a comprehensive accordance policy makes economic sense and assists improve sales. Organization following legal obligations shows that it has taken steps to address compliance violations and has a greater level of trust from suppliers and customers.
- Compliance works in firms only when it is used by the management. Correct behavior at all levels and in every department can only be achieved if we cooperate together. By standard, organization requires an irrespective compliance manager who is responsible for anti-bribery controlling system. According to ISO, company managers are responsible for adopting anti-bribery policies.
- You need to develop good company-specific control options. These controls cover all corruption risks and provide excellent monitoring of violations.
- ISO determines partners to be included in monetary as well as non-financial inspection. At high hazards, ISO 37001 requires verification of business companions. ISO certified companies must require such checks from their direct business partners.
- If corruption is detected in inner frame the firm or among cooperation sides, suppliers and others, moments of full verification have to be documented.
- The compliance manager and heading persons of the firm should always conduct audits, which include reporting, investigation, verification and so on. Everything should be anchored in the company’s DNA as an automatic aspect of administration task.
- Any structure cannot function perfectly from the very start. Sometimes it is necessary to adapt the CMS as a result of external factors, such as changes in the procurement law or commercial banking system, or a revision of ISO 37001 itself.
How does the ISO standard benefit businesses?
DIN ISO 37001 provides a minimum of requirements for companies, providing useful guide on successful bribery controlling system execution assessment of opportunities, etc. This is useful for administrators, investors, staff, customers and other stakeholders, as it provides confidence that the necessary steps are being taken to eliminate corruption.
Can your firm get ISO 37001 certification?
Since DIN ISO 37001 is a Type A standard, it goes beyond purely recommendatory, companies can obtain it from an autonomous body. Each organization can obtain certification if, after an audit, it is determined this firm complies with ISO standard demands.
In addition to obtaining international certification, you can also view offers in categories ready-made companies and licenses for sale.