If you are interested in acquiring a SEMI license in the UK, we will guide you across the entire procedure and provide you with step-by-step support.
A SEMI permission allows a financial establishment to supply authorized service exclusively in the United Kingdom. In this case, the statutory fund is not provided.
Overview of the UK fintech market
The Financial Technology (FinTech) sector is revolutionizing the financial services industry by simplifying transactions, lowering costs, creating opportunities for innovation, empowering customers, and improving security. The UK is the second largest fintech investment destination after the US. The United Kingdom continues to be the top destination for fintech in Europe, with investment in the sector growing by $9.1 billion in the first half of this year, up 24 percent from the same period in 2021. of more than 1,600 firms and is projected to double by 2030. The sector contributes around US$13.4bn (£11bn) to the UK economy and creates over 76,000 jobs.
Businesses for sale in UK
Company in UK with bank and crypto accounts for sale
Below you can see the basic information regarding the company in UK with bank and crypto accounts for sale Company in UK with bank and crypto accounts – whats included: Company in London for sale, UK; 2022 year of registration, clean company, no debts; Opened accounts by Payoneer in: — Barclays Bank UK GPB (BACS, Faster…
Bank in the United Kingdom for sale
Banks for sale
This is a bank in the United Kingdom for sale offering a variety of secured funding facilities for individuals and entities and deposit accounts for individuals, entities and charities. Bank in the United Kingdom for sale: overview The portfolio of services includes the provision of asset financing, professional loans, bridging loans, development financing, specialized mortgages,…
Benefits of achieving a SEMI license in the UK
SEMI license has the following benefits:
- Inexpensive service and no account opening fees;
- There is no minimum account balance;
- Remote identification of the client, the possibility of opening an account for the company without a client’s visit;
- Remote account management;
- Account opening is feasible in a short period of time (up to 7 days);
- Unique IBAN;
- High degree of security.
UK SEMI restrictions
To carry out business as a SEMI, the company must be enrolled with the FCA. Only a legal entity can be registered as a SEMI.
However, there are certain restrictions associated with operating a company with a SEMI license:
- SEMI in UK license for sale general business activity in the UK for sale submitted immediately prior to the time of registration must not generate an average amount of e-money in excess of €5,000,000, and
- For a small e-money license in the UK average restrictions for month on the issuance of e-money in the total of 5 million euros and payment favors – the number of transfer activities should not overrun 3 million euros.
- The small PI license has the same limits for the monthly number of transfers for payment services – € 3 million.
Initial Capital Requirements
The start-up fund demands of a business-company with a Small Electronic Money Institution license in the UK depend on the average amount of owing e-money that the company generates or plans to issue. If the average amount of e-money in circulation is equal to or greater than 500,000 euros, then there is an obligation to support the initial capital at a level of at least 2% of the average quantity of money in circulation. Where an request applying for a small e-money license in the UK does not have sufficient business history, projections in the business plan may be used to determine initial demand for funds, after any adjustments the FCA may require during the registration process.
General requirements SEMI license in UK
The demand is to protect client funds either with a separate client bank account or with an insurance policy.
- The SEMI license management authority must be in good standing and have the appropriate qualifications and experience to carry out its duties.
- Current capital requirements for an SEMI is calculated as 2% of the firm’s issued e-money in circulation.
Other conditions must be met, as set by the FCA:
- You need to be a legal entity.
- Payment favors will be carried out.
- You have reliable control mechanisms.
- You have a business plan.
- You have taken adequate steps to protect user funds (our banking partners can help you open a Security Account to meet this demand).
- You have adequate damages coverage.
- Directors must be in good standing and possess the necessary relevant skills.
- No manager should be guilted of money laundering.
- The head office must be in the UK.
- You must comply with money laundering laws.
- Anyone with 10% or more shares must be in accordance with law.
- If a request is closely related to another person, such ties must not interfere with the FCA’s effective oversight of the business.