The Chilean Republic is one of the richest, most developed and promising countries in South America. Moreover, it is a stable state with a low level of corruption.
Organizational forms for business in Chile
For commercial foreign enterprises, the following legal forms are most convenient:
- LTD. The society includes 2-50 members. Partners are responsible, which is determined based on the size of the contribution. There are no minimum capital requirements. Individuals and legal entities can act as founders. They are also members of the board.
- Individual LLC. The owner of such a company may be a legal entity that was also established to conduct commercial activities. The owner is subject to obligations proportional to the size of the capital of the organization.
- JSC. For a joint stock company there are no requirements for the number of participants. Shareholders are subject to liability equal to the sum of their shares in the capital. Directors: minimum 3. It is necessary to convene the Board 2 times a year.
- Branch of a foreign organization.
Accounting and reporting
Companies in the Chilean Republic are required to do the following:
- submit monthly accounting records and a report on salary payments (as a rule, this is done in electronic form);
- submit a VAT return once a month, even if the company’s income is zero;
- submit balance sheets and annual reports during the month from April 1 to April 30 (for the period that has been passed).
Taxation in Chile
- For branches of foreign enterprises, tax is provided only on income that was received from a local source.
- The size of the income duty varies from 10 to 20%.
- Individuals pay income tax at a variable rate. In fact, the corporate duty rate is zero.
- Corporations operating in the agricultural, transportation and mining sectors pay a minimum flat tax.
- VAT – 19%.
- Immovable property is subject to a duty of 1.5%.
- Capital increases are not taxed.
If you need to register a company in Chile, our specialists will help you register a company quickly and efficiently. Also, you can buy a ready-made company in Chile. Write to us in the CRM form and we will help you register a company.
Eternity Law International specialists will provide you with qualified advice on the acquisition of an offshore company, opening a bank account in any jurisdiction, as well as further support of your company’s activities at any stage.
We offer ready-made European and offshore companies. It takes 2 days to reissue documents for new owners.
If you have any questions or need advice on registering or buying a company, call us at the phone numbers listed on the website, or write to us in the CRM form located at the bottom of the page. Our specialists will answer you online.